I am a faculty member in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department of the Pratt School of Engineering at Duke University. I was also an undergraduate there, earning a BSE, MS, and Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering and completing the departmental requirements for a BSE in Electrical Engineering.
The way my family pronounces it, "Michael Gustafson" sounds like "MY-kull GUST-of-sun." Like gust of wind. Without the wind. Apparently the IPA version is /ˈmaɪkəl ˈɡʌstʌvsʌn/. Not sure that helps, really...
For the Fall 2015 semester I am teaching the following courses:
- EGR 103: Computational Methods in Engineering
- ECE 110: Fundamentals of ECE
- ECE 382 / ME 344: Control Systems
Lots. This whole site, for example... And:
- Keeping PrattWiki:Additions updated so I can remember what I have and haven't done here...
- Semester Updates
- Solutions to the "Chasing Cars" problem
- Where the solution to the quadratic equation comes from
- Animated GIFs, such as:
- Task List for getting EGR 103 started.
None here as yet. Let me know if you have any suggestions for new templates or changes to the above on my Discussion page.
Grand Challenges for Engineering Articles
Among others, I posted the following articles to the Grand Challenges for Engineering page:
- 5 things your car will finally do in 2020, John Brandon, CNN, updated 12 March 2008, accessed 15 August 2008
- Demand Increases for More Health Care IT Professionals, iHealthBeat, updated 13 August 2008, accessed 15 August 2008
<div></div><span style="border:1px solid #00a;padding:1px;">[[User:DukeEgr93|<font style="color:#ddd;background:#00a;">''' DukeEgr93 '''</font>]] [[User_Talk:DukeEgr93|<font style="color:#00a;background:#fff;">'''T'''</font>]] / [[Special:Contributions/DukeEgr93|<font style="color:#00a;background:#fff;">'''C'''</font>]] </span>23:02, 5 August 2006 (MDT)
- Edit - I have opted for the standard signature on here, since it takes up so much less room... DukeEgr93 21:55, 23 June 2008 (UTC)