EGR 103/Roots Extrema
Revision as of 23:12, 29 September 2013 by DukeEgr93 (Created page with "==Basic Root-Finding Problems== * Main thing is to look at MATLAB:Fzero and the different ways of calling it. * The sign plots are really helpful. * The last equation has ...")
Basic Root-Finding Problems
- Main thing is to look at MATLAB:Fzero and the different ways of calling it.
- The sign plots are really helpful.
- The last equation has three sign changes but only two roots
Basic Min/Max Finding Problems
- Main thing is to look at MATLAB:Fminbnd and the different ways of calling it.
Palm Problem 3.13
- This eventually becomes a one-parameter search problem. Though you are using
fminbndhere, there is an example for a one-parameter search at MATLAB:Fzero#One_Parameter; the example is based on
fminbndbut the concept is the same.
Chapra Problem 6.14
- This is a two-parameter search problem. There is an examples for a two-parameter searches at MATLAB:Fzero#Two_Parameters
- This simply requires using
fzerotwice - just be careful on how you initialize
fzeroand also be careful about units for the angles.