I am a freshman at Duke University studying Biomedical Engineering. I hear the workload starts to get overwhelming after the first two weeks. It is already overwhelming and we are just entering week three--I can hardly wait. I like to eat lots of food. Lots and lots of food.
- FRESHMAN YEAR
- 1st semester:
- WRITING20 (Coming of Age at Duke)
- 1st semester:
Name Pronunciation (apologies to Dr. G for the lack of originality)
Matthew Lu --- "ma-thew lew"
Chinese name: Lu Shen Xing --- "lew shun shing"
- I got a bike from The Outpost and it's been a blast. It takes 8-10 minutes to get from East/West (which is faster than the C1) and it ensures at least 16 minutes of exercise a day---just what the doctors prescribed!
- Marketplace is another scheme for stealing all our money...at least the food is good. We'll see if that changes in a month or two.
- I have bags underneath my eyes!
Favorite Matlab Demo
I enjoyed looking through the "Other Demos" section. I really enjoyed playing the MineSweeper demo---I had 3 bombs left to sweep and then I lost...Apparently you never have to guess in that game, but I haven't figured out the logic behind it yet. I enjoyed this demo because it was a good use of 5 minutes and it was nice to take a break from work and play a short game of minesweeper.
UPDATE: I was feeling quite unsettled and unfulfilled after losing with just 3 more bombs to sweep, so I went back to take on the minefield again and was victorious. Now I can get back to work!
Grand Challenges for Engineering Articles (apologies once again to Dr. G for the lack of originality)
- Berkeley Engineers Help Solve Problem of Clean Water for Poor Communities, Rick DelVecchio, SFGate (San Francisco Chronicle), updated 13 May 2006, accessed 13 September 2011 (Specific: Provide Access to Clean Water)
I have none yet...but I should work on creating one. I'll go with the default for now:
Mll36 15:57, 18 September 2011 (EDT)-- Default signature produced by 4 tilda symbols!
Last edited: Mll36 16:06, 18 September 2011 (EDT)