I am a senior neuroscience major and education minor at Duke University.
My first name, Ege, is pronounced like reggae music without the r. I come from Istanbul, Turkey, and in Turkish, Ege means the Aegean Sea.
Courses I Am Taking This Semester
- Computer Methods in Engineering (EGR103L)
- Educational Psychology (EDUC240)
- Intermediate German I (GERMAN203)
- Functional Neuroanatomy (NEUROSCI380L)
Grand Challenges For Engineering Articles
Here is the article I chose from the Grand Challenges for Engineering Pundit Page:
- Reverse Engineering The Brain, Sally Adee, IEE Spectrum, updated 1 June 2008, accessed 15 September 2014 (Grand Challenge: Reverse-engineer the brain)
Favorite MATLAB Demo
I really enjoyed seeing the 3D plot of the globe pop up when I ran the code for the demo called Earth's Topography. When I was looking over the code, I was fascinated by how simple it was to adjust the perceived lighting on different parts of the image by using the light function, in which you can input x, y, z coordinates as well as a matrix that specifies color/tint. It was also nice to be able to decipher the code; for instance, I was able to identify the hold on and off commands that we learned for graphs being applied to images.